Video Card Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card Decision

After much reading and searching here's what I've come up with. I would think my best bet would be go a little over budget and pick up the 9600 PRO. Is it really worth two times as much as the 9550? How does the Pro stack up against the nVidia I've located? Is there another card in my budget that I should look at?

$113 = GIGABYTE or GECUBE RADEON 9600PRO 128MB DDR 8XAGP
    $89 = APOLLO nVIDIA GeForce FX5700 Video Card, 128MB DDR, DVI/TV Out, PCI Model "BLOODY MONSTER 3 GEFORCE FX 5700"
    $64 = ABIT ATI RADEON 9550 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "FALCOX 955" -RETAIL

Re: Video Card Decision

Those are all horrible cards for a system like that... Save your money and get something better. A 9800 Pro would be the absolute minimum you should go with if gaming is your thing. Something from the GeForce 6800 line would be much better, though.

If you are only a casual gamer, though, you'll be happy with just a cheap 9550. Make sure it's 128-bit, though. If you are on a really tight budget and are unwilling to wait for more funds, than get the best thing you can afford, which should be the 9600 Pro.

Comment

Working...
    X