Cleaning internet cache...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning internet cache...

I've used a couple programs to clean the internet cache on my computer, but there are multiple users and I was wondering if there was a program out there that would let me clean the cache for all users from the administrator account without having to log each account on and do it for each seperate account. Is that possible or do I need to just suck it up? :)

Re: Cleaning internet cache...

Have you run Disk Cleanup (I'm assuming you're using XP or at least 2000)? If I recall, it gets rid of everything you tell it to on the specified disk, not just that user. Maybe I'm wrong, though...

I've also used Window Washer from Webroot. Although it did become convenient, I would find that sometimes it failed to work entirely (meanign it would claim to have "cleaned" something, but it didn't really). Personally, I'm happy doing everything manually through Windows and Firefox (no IE for me).

Comment

Normally I would agree with you Yawg and say that I should just use disk cleanup or the windows internet cache cleaner. However, I did not put up why I want to know if this is possible. We have a few customers who have asked us if there is a way to speed up their network performance because over time it has gotten slow (go figure) due to having anywhere between 5 and 50 people surfing the internet, etc. Our customers are not computer people, they are used car dealers and most of them look at a computer like some kind of necessary evil. They are also using a server and terminals so when we tell them to login as each of the different user names it takes forever to do that for all of their employees, and you know how long it takes disk cleanup to run on a normal computer, imagine when there's 50 peoples worth of crap out there, it would take forever.

Comment

Windows Washer should do the trick, then. I believe you can set it to clear out cache every time you close IE.

Also, you could just change the setting in IE so it has no space to provide for cache. That would make the most sense. Go to IE > Tools > Internet Options > Settings or Controler Panel > Internet Options > Settings. I'm not sure if this will apply as a global setting for all users (if not, there is probably an option in gppedit.msc, if they're all using XP Pro, which I imagine they are), but you'll only have to do it to each machine once, anyway.

Comment

Another good program is called Smart Cleaner - Google it
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
          X