Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! my Maxtor HD is failing and I need to retrieve data!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! my Maxtor HD is failing and I need to retrieve data!

OK, I must have a virus, and I did get hit with some kind of Trojan horse / spyware many months ago, and took the box off-line at that time. Since then the box has been behaving normally until last week.

Thanks folks.

Re: Help! my Maxtor HD is failing and I need to retrieve data!

Originally posted by gymeran

OK, I must have a virus, and I did get hit with some kind of Trojan horse / spyware many months ago, and took the box off-line at that time. Since then the box has been behaving normally until last week.

Thanks folks.
    I'm not sure if thats a hardware issue or not but doing a google search on the error might help. I'd try reformatting or hooking it up to a different system and see if you can get what you need off of it that way then repartition and format the drive if possible to see if its still good.
    This is what I got from a 2 second Google search entering in Error Performing Inpage Operation. (Basically, something is either wrong with the network share, or (possibly) the image is corrupt and the image mapper doesn't know what to do with one of the pages. The latter is unlikely).

Maybe this link will help http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-P/file...icle.php/c1287

Comment

Thanks Spongebob, I did hook it up as a slave in a Win NT box and got exactly the same results. The only dif was the error message which was more generic and I can't remember the exact wording but was somthing like "can't access [drive\dir], corrupt drive" or somthing of that sort.

Comment

Try using Ontrack Easyrecovery professional....you can recover the data you want I am sure. In future, use adequate cooling as Maxtor harddisks are very temeperature sensitive.....mine heats upto 48 and with a cooler I managed to bring it down to 42...still more work remaining....

Comment

Working...
        X