Phoning people from my PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoning people from my PC

I would like to use the modem phone line attached to my PC as a telephone. I'm sure you've all done it: Someone calls you and you either have to dash off in to the other room, skidding on the rug and booting the cat to get ther before the answering machine cuts in - or - have a phone line near the computer but have people make elaborate use of your time whilst you are trying to work, so you get a crick in your neck as you are resting the phone on your shoulder, whilst trying to type or navigator around you computer.
    ---------------
    I have had a quick search and could only find a lot of sites offering telephone services via the internet - prices ranging from free to monthly fee. Actually, I dont want that. All I want is to know how I can attach my combined headphone and microphone (which I use for Speech to Text) plugged into my Intel V92 HaM Data/Fax/Voice modem.
    I am using Win ME and under Accessories/Communications there is only Phone Dialer, XP has something different, which may be what I am after so don't know if this will run under ME.
    ---------------
Working...
X