Pci-e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pci-e

Can i plug in a x700 ati on a A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo. and if so do i loose any performance?

Re: Pci-e

No, you can't. The A7N8X-E has an AGP slot and not PCI-E slot. You wouldn't gain or lose much, if any performance from using a PCI-E card even if you could in this case. If you're looking for a good card for an Athlon XP system, a Radeon 9800 Pro or GeForce 6800 would be good choices.

Comment

Actually, the Athlon XP system would bottleneck the 6800 a little bit.

Comment

Depends on the application... An FX-55 will bottleneck a 6800 in certain games (very few, though).

Comment

May i ask exactly what a bottleneck is?

Comment

An easy example of a bottleneck in reality would be moving from a four lane highway to a two lane highway, if it is very busy you will get slower movement though that part of the highway. In computers (in this case the video card) a certain peice of hardware cant handle all of the information flowing through it. So the computer must wait for the information to pass through that hardware, that is why it is sometimes better to do a RAM and video card upgarde rather than a whole pc rebuild.

Comment

ahh i see. So take a MSI K7N2 Delta-L mo bo and a AMD Athlon XP 2700 or 2800 and put on a 6800 GT or Ultra and that would bottleneck some performance?

Comment

Yeah, the 2700 would be a bottleneck. Although that's a better scenario than having an Athlon FX-55 with a Radeon 9200, as the graphics card wouldn't be limiting you.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan_Lander
                  Yeah, the 2700 would be a bottleneck. Although that's a better scenario than having an Athlon FX-55 with a Radeon 9200, as the graphics card wouldn't be limiting you.
                  kk makes perfect sense now!

Comment

Working...
                  X