Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o/cing 64/3500 system!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys!

I've just upgraded myself to a 64/3500+, K8NS Ultra 939 and am just curious as to wether it's worthwhile trying to o/c it and if it'd run noticably better???

mind you it runs very nice now anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: o/cing 64/3500 system!!!!!!!!!!

I'm curious as to why you chose that particular motherboard. I haven't read of any reviews on it (though I know of its existence), and I know it's not really a very popular board.

It certainly can be worthwhile, but it really depends on other aspects of your hardware. What power supply do you have? What cooling are you using? What RAM are you using? What kind of temps are you getting right now? What kind of OCing options are in the BIOS?
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 10-31-2004, 01:07 AM.

Comment

mate I'm just using the stock cooling supplied with the cpu and idle temps are mid to low 40's and she goes up to 55ish after playing some desert combat or D3 for a couple of hours! I wasn't very keen on just wacking the heatsink on with the standard gunk thermal paste **** it had on it but just to start I wanted to see how she runs stock! but I think I will give it a dose of artic Silver!

Comment

Yeah, some Arctic Silver 5 would be great. You won't be able to go very far as it is, but throw some of that on it and you could get a respectable OC without hurting temperatures.

Comment

Working...
        X