Lexmark 3200 Out of Paper error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexmark 3200 Out of Paper error

I've got a Lexmark 3200 printer and suddenly the paperfeed light is blinking but I've already filled the paperfeeder. I also get a "out of paper" error in the Windows XP printer control window. What could be the problem? Could it be an ink cartridge or connection problem? I made sure the paper was in correctly and cleared the print jobs in que. Then I turned my PC and the printer off and restarted them and the error happens again. Oh yeah, when I first turn the printer on the paperfeed light doesn't flash, it doesn't happen until I try to print something. Also, when i press the paperfeed button, the paper doesn't feed through either. PLEASE help!

Re: Lexmark 3200 Out of Paper error

The first thing I would do is to open up the covers and make sure you don't have a small paper scrap in there clogging up the pathway. This can cause the printer to not feed and give a default "load paper" error message.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I did open the covers and didn't see anything. I even got a flashlight and made sure the weren't any small pieces of paper in the tray. The rollers do seem to be turning and grabbing. Isn't it odd that the out of paper light doesn't blink when I first turn the computer on, it's only starts blinking once I try to print something. I am pretty sure my printer is too old to get any customer service through Lexmark, and as I said before it'll probably cost as much to fix my current printer as it would to buy a new one, and I can't afford either option! I just downloaded a Windows XP update, could that be the source of the problem, or are you pretty sure it's an equipment issue? Thank you so very much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Comment

Have you tried reloading the latest drivers for the printer?
        I had a similiar problem with my Epson after I downloaded SP2

Comment

Working...
        X