Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nv sliencer 5 for 6800...

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/vid-43.html

will this thing work with my pny 6800ultra? would it provide better cooling?

Re: nv sliencer 5 for 6800...

Looking at the specs listed, it is made for the 6800 Ultra. I can't say if it is better than the PNY cooler as I don't know what type it has, but aftermarket coolers are generally better than stock.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I haven't used that product specifically, but I used the first VGA Silencer they came out with for ATI cards on my 9800 Pro, and I was very impressed. I would bet money that it is both much quieter and more powerful than the stock cooler, but you'll want to be sure to use Arctic Silver 5 to apply it and not the thermal crap that it ships with.

Comment

I have that installed on a 6800NU to gain better overclocks and it works very well. It is an XFX, which comes with a crummy HSF that my grandma could do better on. Anyhow, the main thing is that it's really quiet and transfers air between inside and outside the case, as opposed to recycling air in traditional HSFs. Takes the PCI slot underneath but that shouldn't really be a problem in the first place. And yes Arctic Silver 5 is a must, considering you already dropped around 30 bucks for the Silencer.

Comment

Working...
        X