ME wont boot up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME wont boot up....

Got a DELL desktop running ME. It worked fine yesterday but today it wont boot up correctly. It hangs right after the DELL boot screen. BUT if i select the Safe Mode then it will boot windows. I tried scanreg/restore and system restore without any luck. any ideas????

Re: ME wont boot up....

Use a different OS.

Comment

i wish it was that easy.

Comment

Did you get a Windows disk from Dell when you bought the machine? If so, you might try reinstalling Windows over the existing version. This can often times force the system to overwrite corrupted system files, but you'll have to go and do the full Windows Update again after pulling this trick.

Oh, and make sure you've saved off any vital data before doing the reinstall. While not common, this fix has been known to scrap a system every now and again forcing a full reinstall from scratch.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

could i partition my HD and install windows on the 2nd partition then could i transfer my files from the old partition to the new partition? cause my cdr and dvdrw drives are diabled in safe mode. Also i did a scandisc thourough scan and didnt find any errors/

Comment

You won't be able to partition the hard from Safe Mode, so any file saving you do will probably have to be via the floppy disk method. Bummer, I know.

Since the computer worked fine, then just started having problems, did you install anything or uninstall anything before the problem?

Have you run a virus scan?

Comment

Working...
            X