x700???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x700???

anyone know when the x700 will be released and in an agp format.. also what i'm really looking for is news on the aiw series.. anyone know when the x700 and etc will be released also are they worth the extra money over the 9600xt

Re: x700???

No word yet on an X700 AGP or an AIW version, but being an 8-pipeline card it is superior to the 9600XT (but not quite as fast as a 6600GT)

Comment

anyone know how the x700 will compare to the 9800 pro yet? consider upgrading to one or the other .

Comment

X700 is pci express only, so if you have an AGP system then you'd have to opt for the radeon 9800. If you already have or are planning to get a pci express board\system then get the X700 XT. Performance-wise theyre fairly similar, price is probably going to be a bigger factor here

Comment

Originally posted by sr4470
          X700 is pci express only, so if you have an AGP system then you'd have to opt for the radeon 9800. If you already have or are planning to get a pci express board\system then get the X700 XT. Performance-wise theyre fairly similar, price is probably going to be a bigger factor here
          yah. exactly. on the x700 just think the 9800 using PCI express. 8x AGP is what 2 gbs? and PCI E is 16 x that?

Comment

The X700 is really a great card anyway. I'd much rather have a 6600GT, and eventually the prices on those will go to around where the X700 Pro is now. Don't know where the regular X700 and X700XT will be as they don't seem to be available at all ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
              The X700 is really a great card anyway. I'd much rather have a 6600GT, and eventually the prices on those will go to around where the X700 Pro is now. Don't know where the regular X700 and X700XT will be as they don't seem to be available at all ATM.
              yah I agree. for now i would defintely just get the 6600 GT since the x700 are so pricey. not that the 6600 isn't pricey. at least it's out!

Comment

Working...
              X