having heat problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having heat problems

I have a custom computer with a pentium 4 2.8 ghz processor ( not overclocked ). I have one gig of pc 3200 ddr ram. And my ram is running at around 54 degrees which is setting off a temperature warning. The processor is running at around 140 degrees farenheit, and the zone around it is running at around 52 degrees celsius. I have two 80 mm fans intaking on the front ( 34 cfm ), and two on the rear including the fan in the power supply. The temperatures seem a bit high to me, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Re: having heat problems

If that were my case I would install a 120mm on the side blowing over the CPU/RAM and possibly one on top blowing out.

What happens when you pull the case panel off?

Also, what are ambient temps?

Comment

When I pull the case panel off it generally cools it by 4 or 5 degrees more. And ambient temperatures are probably 130 for the processor and 110 for the others. they are not far off but enough for it to be a problem.

Comment

Ambient temperature means your room air temp.

Comment

ahhh ok..... very cold hehehehe 65 degrees farenheit :)

Comment

DDR is not known to run hot at all, especially when it's not overclocked.

Is that 5 or 6 degrees C or F when you pull the panel off? Big difference.

How are you measuring the 52C "zone"?
            This is too hot and needs more flow.
            The 120mm over the CPU/RAM should do the trick.

Comment

With the intel monitoring software. And also to the touch the ram is scorching hot. That's 4 or 5 degrees farenheit. It seems I have a lack of airflow, but shouldn't four fans be enough?????
              Last edited by Synon25; 12-08-2004, 09:21 PM. Reason: left out some info

Comment

Do you have a link or pic of your case and are the 2 rear fans sucking air out of the case?

Comment

Well i'm at work in another town at the moment, but I will be home on friday night. Whenever I get home I will set up a link of a picture of the inside of my case. Yeah the fans in the rear are blowing air out of the case. The ones in the front are sucking air in.

Comment

Working...
                  X