Ocing My Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocing My Comp

HI i would like to oc i ahve a amd xp 2600 , asrock K7S8XE, 512ddr and radeon 9200 se so can i how can i do it

Re: Ocing My Comp

hey sry for the late response, my pc crashed 6 times. haha. anyways.

To overclock a processor takes a lot of precision and a lot of knowing what your doing. Firstly. Are you aware of what to do if your CPU hangs? (screen goes black) You must make sure to clear your CMOS if it does happen. Do that by first getting your motherboard manual and finding where the CMOS jumper is. It is a black piece of plastic usually, take it off and count 1000, 1001 until your reach 2,000. Then put it back on.

If you already knew this, then sry my bad .

NOTE: if your pc didn't come with a motherboard manual I suggest not to move on because you may damage your PC beyond repair.

Anyways, that board comes with Award BIOS I believe, which makes it a lot easier. Merely go into bios by pressing del (or if it says another key) and a blue screen will come up. Go to the advanced section, and take it off of automatic. Change it to manual. Then preceed by changing everything off of automatic to manual. I suggest you leave your RAS and other memory timings alone unless you know what type of ram, and which settings are best. Make sure to turn off FSB spread spectrum.

Then go to the FSB which should be on something like 133 at this point. Move it up at 2 or 3 increments, (if it doesn't allow these small increments you have not placed the jumper on your motherboard to the non default setting, to do so refer to your motherboard manual) don't go more than about 4 of the orignal setting. Then press F10 to quit and save. If your screen goes black, you'll have to clear the CMOS (see above I explained it) if it doesn't go black, try to go into windows and see how stable it is. If you get a blue screen of death, then you've done too much overclocking.

Remember in some cases you can stablize the system by changing the VCORE which is under the frequency section in the BIOS. Don't raise it too higher than it's normal setting. If you have the CPU box handy you can read what the normal setting is, and then raise it a little by little so you can get the most out of overclocking.

Hope all this helps!

Comment

Working...
    X