Java Problem...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java Problem...?

Alright im pretty sure this is where this post should go. However it might be a video card problem. Anyways anytime I use anything that requires Java like a simple website game or something, my screen gets all messed up and scrambled. Im not really sure how to explain it but its like whatever was on my screen was chopped into a million pieces and scattered on screen. I have to maximize or minimize a screen and it will usually go back to normal. But after it happens my comp runs like complete ****. So basically it forces me to restart my comp everytime. If anyone knows anything about this problem I would be greatful. Also for those wondering my video card is a Geforce 4 MX 440. Thanks.

Hunter

Re: Java Problem...?

Starting with the basics, have you removed the java app you are using and reinstalled? You also might be using a version of java that is not compatible with the websites you're visiting. The old Microsoft Virtual Machine used to bew good enough for just about anything java related, but the new version from Sun is becoming required for more and more java sites. If you're using something other than one of these two, you're probably running into some sort of compatibility issue.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yeah I've tried reinstalling. And also getting the latest version from Sun....multiple times...lol. But neither seem to work. Recently (not because of this problem) I had to reboot my entire system. After reinstalling everything the Java problem was still happening. Which is why I thought it might be a video card related problem. But my vid card runs fine with everything else.

Comment

Ran into the same problem with my FX5700 Ultra .... Have you tried different drivers for the video card? In my case the cure was just a matter of installing a newer driver.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Yeah I have the newest version from Nvidia. But now that I think about it I dont think the problem occured when I had older drivers. I'll try and get some different ones and see what happens. Thanks.

Comment

Let us know if it solves your problem. I haven't had driver issues myself, but if it fixes you up it will be a good piece of information to keep stored away.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Well I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia.com (66.94) and the problem is still happening. So at this point I'm really not to sure on what to do...other than get a baseball bat and bash my computer to bits ;)

Comment

I can no longer remember which drivers were giving me problems with my FX5700U since it has been awhile. I wound up using a beta driver that I found on Guru3D.com but have since used both legit and beta drivers with no problems. It may be worth your time to use Driver Cleaner http://www.drivercleaner.net/ (just follow included instructions to use) and then reinstalling your driver. I'm still assuming that your problem is driver related because your symptoms sound exactly like what I went through. Good luck.
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                X