This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz HELP!

does any 1 of u know how to reformat the whole computer in msdos. right now im using xp pro but it was orginally win millin. if u do can do tell me the step in doin it

thanks so much

Re: Plz HELP!

First off, you only format the hard drive(s), not the entire system. Secondly, you can do this in DOS with the format command. AIf you have a bootable DOS based disk it will usually have this file already on the disk. Simply type "format /help" for instructions on using this utility. And finally, if you're using WinXP, why not use the CD to format the hard drive during the install?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

thanks for the help/ the thing is the winxp isnt my cd its a friend and i cant get it now that he on vacation

Comment

Then you probably shouldn't install it as it is your friend's and not yours. The activation requires a unique code that comes with the OS and the only way around this is a pirated key of some sort. Since this type thing isn't discussed here, I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you feel your OS is legitimate and still require help, you can open a new thread.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X