Crap Video Card OC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap Video Card OC?

As mot of you know I have a pretty crappy video card, is there a way to overclock this thing and get more proformance out of it, I dont realy care if I fry it in the coming months, as I should be getting my 6800 soon but I need to be able to play games at higher levels than I am currently. I have tried to OC using the bios AGP frequency but I figured that woulden't do anything before I started, didnt give me any 3dmarks, maybe 1 fps more than before in one of the game demos. I guess my question is there any program that I can download that will OC my MX-440?

Re: Crap Video Card OC?

You could try rivatuner or the coolbits registry hack that puts oc options in the driver menu...good oc depends on what ram is on the board, the cooler and obviously case airflow. If yours is the 8x version with faster ram, it will help, starting from 275\512 is alot better than 270\400 with the ram already running at full spec

Comment

It is the 8x version but it doesent say anything about the RAM on the box, so its probably the 270/400 version, but as I said it will be replaced soon and I want to get as much out of it as I can with out mods, so I'll give rivatuner a try thanks man.

Comment

OK well I gave it a try and to my disbelief 3dmark 2001 got almost 6000 compaired to the 4700 that I was getting before :D, little hotter than it used to be though, would half a 386 heatsink work on the memory, there are only 4 of them and I have numerous 386+486 stuff, I was also thinking of putting a 486 cooler on the current GPU HS.

Comment

What kind of cooler is on it already? and how far did you manage to oc? Also, what code do the ram modules have printed on them?

Comment

Its just the stock pasive heatsink, that I want to screw a 486 fan on to the ram has samsung TC53 or somthing like that, I will check when I get home. I got the card to 320/505 lol and that produced 6500 on 3dmark 2001. Compaired to 4700 or so.

Comment

The memory is "Samsung 394 K4D261638E-TC50"

Comment

Thats 5ns (200mhz, 400 DDR) memory, so i dont think you'll get much higher on it

Comment

Thanks its been fun doing this and the results are better than I thought, can Finaly play HL2 at almost lowest settings.

Comment

I wouldn't ruin the experience of HL2 with that card. Wait until you get a new card (weren't you going to get a 6800GT or something).

Comment

Working...
                    X