How to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to...

Can anyone give me a step by step or point me to a step by step on how to open my dell dimension 2400 pc. I want to upgrade the memory but i dont know how to open the case exactly. Thank you in advance

Re: How to...

Originally posted by Mcdogg742
    Can anyone give me a step by step or point me to a step by step on how to open my dell dimension 2400 pc. I want to upgrade the memory but i dont know how to open the case exactly. Thank you in advance

Is that one of the Dell cases that you press a button (half dallar size, think they were grey in color) on both the top and bottom (at the same time) of the case and then unfold it like a suitcase from the back? If it is I laughed the first time I seen one but the owner of it laughed back since I was the one that was suppose to know something about computers but had to have him open the case for me. That is one of the worst case designs I have ever seen, but anyway look for those push in buttons and unfold it from the back if its the one I'm thinking about.

Comment

Re: How to...

Originally posted by Mcdogg742
      Dell should have something on its web site regarding that specific model, and you can also contact Dell's tech support for further information. That said, it's just a case... Even some of the wierder designs from Gateway, Dell, and other OEMs are pretty easy to figure out how to open. Remove the screws on the back, if their are any, and push whatever button there is that opens the case, which you can probably figure out by just messing around with it.

Comment

Working...
      X