Monitor Shuts Down!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Shuts Down!!

When I Get To The Windows Start Up My Monitor Shuts Down (goes To Standby Mode). Is This A Windows Xp Problem. Any Idea How To Sort It Bearing In Mind I Can't Use Windows.

Cheers

Re: Monitor Shuts Down!!

Originally posted by bish-10
    When I Get To The Windows Start Up My Monitor Shuts Down (goes To Standby Mode). Is This A Windows Xp Problem. Any Idea How To Sort It Bearing In Mind I Can't Use Windows.

Cheers

Maybe your monitor can't handle the resolution setting or refresh rate you have it set at. Did you change some setings that were not supported? Try starting your system in safe mode and changing the settings if you feel this is a possible cause.

Comment

cheers spongebob

is it possible to start in safe mode without windows working? I'm lost without windows, don't know what I'm looking for in dos or bios etc.
      its possible that i could have changed the resolution, can i change it back with out windows?

Comment

Originally posted by bish-10
        cheers spongebob

is it possible to start in safe mode without windows working? I'm lost without windows, don't know what I'm looking for in dos or bios etc.
        its possible that i could have changed the resolution, can i change it back with out windows?

I think I'm reading you correctly here but maybe not. You should atleast be able to get to safe mode by hitting your F8 key on your keyboard upon bootup and choose SAFE MODE, this way your video drivers will not load as well as every other driver on your system, so if you infact have working hardware and assuming its your resolution setting or something else pertaining to video in a Windows setting, you should be able to get into Windows and make make your changes this way. Have you even tried safe mode yet?

Comment

If that doenn't work try using another working monitor to change the resolutions, if you have another one that is... If that moitor soes the same thing you know that both monitors can't support the resolution, or you have a windows, problem...

If all else fails back up and reformat.

Comment

Working...
          X