Asus P4p800-se Says New Cpu On Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P4p800-se Says New Cpu On Start

Ive had this computer running absoultely flawlessly for a week or so using my old, unlicensed version of XP Pro. But that OS was Pre Service Pack 1 (which doesn't support all the boards features, specifically the usb200, so I decided to go legit, and bought a legal version of XP Home Edition. . . and nothing has gone quite right since. The problem I'm running into now is that on startup, it always says "New CPU Installed; f1 to enter setup or f2 to restore default settings". I can't get it to recognize that this is the same damn CPU. I've cleared the CMOS, Flashed the BIOS with the latest version, done all the windows updates. I've tried it at stock settings, overclocked, back to stock settings again, and still everytime it says NEW CPU Installed. I'm submitting the question to ASUS support site as well, but I hoped someone here might have a suggestion too.

By the way, I installed the OS with everything at stock settings.

thanks

Re: Asus P4p800-se Says New Cpu On Start

Got the answer from another forum. If anyone runs into this, I had to pull the CMOS battery, start it, and let CMOS clear that way. I have no idea why that worked when the jumper wouldn't, but it did the trick immediately.

Comment

Working...
    X