Need New Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need New Laptop

Ok i want to have my on laptop built. I want the best of the best of the best. top of the line.

My uncle wants to buy a laptop for his son. as a present.

So i need something for a University student. I dont know much about computers. But i need osmethig t hat i can log onto the internet wirelessly.

So can someone give me a list of parts i need.

I want a excllent Motherboard. Nice lcd screen. Good RAM. DVD player. etc. CD/DVD Burner. Pretty much I dont know anything about comps. so give me a list of everyhting i need plz. for the best pc. and a estimate of the price. Im canadian. but any currency is fine. Thanks u

Mubashshir

Re: Need New Laptop

I would also like to hear the answer for this. Is it hard to build one, or is the same as a regular computer? I have a hard time taking my Dell apart (just wanted to take a look at my ati 9600 pro turbo) so I thought it must be hard to make one.

Comment

Making a laptop is not nearly as simple as making a PC, and I wouldn't suggest trying. Buy one. Dell and Alienware would probably be the best for high-end laptops. Is your cousin (uncle's son...) into video games?

Comment

yeah i also heard that building laptops are really hard.

Comment

lol. im gonna get it built by a professionel . i give him the list of parts i want. he buys directly from factory. for cheap prices throws on like extra 30 bucks for labour.
          future shop and the rest are rip offs.

Like i got my pc a month ago. 200gb hardrive. 3.2 processor. veiwsonic 23" monniter. 1.5 gb ram. Radion v. card(cant rember wat). Lexmark printer. Full teathre speakers. asus deluxe mother board(p4g800-e) burner. dvd writer. dvd player. joy stick ...prety much evrthing and with programs. windows,office. etc. and i got it for 2200 candain

Comment

Why not an athlon 64 (or maybe sempron 3100) based system?

Comment

Actually I would go with a Pentium chip for a laptop mainly because Pentiums tend to run cooler, and laptops do not have good cooling in them. That's what I went with for my laptop, which I also got for college purposes.

Comment

Ummm... Athlon 64's run a lot cooler than Intel prescot chips... I know a few people that have 3.4 and 3.6 laptops and they hate the heat they give off, one accualy took it back and got a Pentium M. If you want to go intel go moble (unless its gonna be your main gamer... I wouldent use a laptop for that but some do). Other wise get a A64 based laptop.

Comment

Working...
                X