Purchasing a Brand New System??help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a Brand New System??help.

I just wanted some advice on the setup i'm going to purchase in a couple of days like compatibility issues? how effective will it run? Is there anything i should change??
    Its as follows::

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe PCI-E
    AMD Athlon64-939 3500+
    512M DDr400 (Kingston) (will be 2x after purchase)
    Seagate 8M Sata 200G
    128M winfast 6600GT Extreme
    Pioneer Dual Layer 16xDVD RW
    Thermaltake VA3000 Tsuname Dream (400W power supply)
    LG-L1730PSUP (LCD)

I basically want a mid rang system that will last(upgradable) and can play the latest games.
    Any advice will be much appreciatied.

Re: Purchasing a Brand New System??help.

Id go ahead and get 1Gb of memory now. A system like that would choke on the 512

Comment

Thanks for the advice. What i'm really concerned about is if the power supply would be enough? because its the best case i can get from the supplier.

Comment

Starting out I would think the power supply would be sufficient, however as soon as you upgrade, you're probably going to need a better power supply. SLI rigs are power hungry and you will need a large power supply to handle the requirements. Make sure you get a good PSU from a good company (ie Antec, Thermaltake, etc.)

Comment

That PSU might hold it, but I wouldn't risk it. I generally recommend 480W for any socket 939 system, because they tend to have trouble otherwise, with very few exceptions. That PSU will certainly not hold if you run in SLI mode.

Comment

Thanks i think i will stick with the pSu for now and when the time comes replace the psu.. Does anyone know if thats a good LCD for Games and movies as it is hard to find one that is at a good price.:)

Comment

Originally posted by zen333
              Thanks i think i will stick with the pSu for now and when the time comes replace the psu..
              Are you restricted to this specific retailer or getting a case with a PSU? I really woudn't try that PSU with this system. You can get a seperate PSU and use the one that comes with it for something else.
              Does anyone know if thats a good LCD for Games and movies
              Never heard of it... I'd need some specs on it. Either way, I'd strongly suggest a CRT unless you need mobility or something that uses less space.

as it is hard to find one that is at a good price.:)
              It's impossible, unless you have a pretty weird definition of "good price."

Comment

thanks for your help. I am restricting myself to one supplier therefore choice is limited... all my supplies are coming from the one store the price list is at http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/non-PARTS.pdf
                This is because they have the best prices ive seen around my area..
                with regards to the case and psu what will be the best option to take??
                Last edited by zen333; 01-26-2005, 03:54 AM. Reason: website

Comment

or from this supplier: http://www.custo.com.au

Comment

Go with the Thermaltake 560W Silent Purepower on the first link. Get whatever case you like and remove the power supply if it has one.

Comment

How much do the two video cards cost? How much does the monitor cost?

Comment

Comment

There are a few monitors that are sufficient for even 72FPS gaming, but I'd agree that CRT should be the monitor of choice for any gaming system unless you absolutely can't fit it where you need to.

Comment

Working...
                          X