Windows XP Home To buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Home To buy

Where is the cheapest place to buy Windows XP Home edition?

Any ideas

Cheers

Re: Windows XP Home To buy

Just a guess but you could prolly get a better deal in Austrailia than you would in Russia .... depends on how far you want to travel. Questions like this are easier to answer properly if you state what part of the world you live in.....
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Leeds, England

Comment

by an academic version online. anywhere online will be cheaper than retail. Also, save yourself from some future pains and get XP Pro if you must use Windows

Comment

Originally posted by tuxfreak
          by an academic version online. anywhere online will be cheaper than retail. Also, save yourself from some future pains and get XP Pro if you must use Windows
          I would say the biggest difference between Pro and Home would be that Home can't logon to a domain, if that's not an issue, save yourself the money and buy Home.

Comment

hell of a lot more differences than just that

Comment

I'm sure there is tuxfreak but I just need a copy of Windows XP for my father-in-laws PC. He won't use 10% of its capabilty so i don't need Pro.
              Back to the question. Where is the cheapest place to get it??
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tuxfreak
                hell of a lot more differences than just that
                Pro does have Remote Destop abillities, dual processor support and you can restrict access to certain files or applications, and you have the ability to log in to domains.

Not a heck of alot more differences that matter for a home user especially considering the difference in prices between the two.

Have you done some searches for the cheapest place to buy it? That's generally the way I go whenever I want to buy something and since I don't know where you live, about all I could help you with would be if you live in the US

Comment

There's more... gpedit.msc is an amazing tool in and of itself, but I'd agree that it doesn't matter for most regular users. Anyone who like to have a higher level of control over their machine should get Pro, though. The same applies with anyone who will be doing a lot of networking, particularly with domains, though that's been covered.

Comment

Working...
                  X