Need Advice for teachers Video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice for teachers Video card

I am building a new A64 system for my computers teacher and he wants a really nice system, I have everything else worked out EXCEPT the video card.
    The Mobo is one of the DFI nForce4 Ultra boads and of coarse has PCI-E(this particular one has two and is not the SLI chipset) anyway it boils down to this:
    X850XT PE
    or
    6800GT

He wants Doom3, HL2, Halo, UT2004, Far Cry and so on. The price on these two components are identical at the moment because of a sale so I need to have the answer as soon as possable please Thanks all

Re: Need Advice for teachers Video card

ATI board will do better than the GT model. If it was the Ultra board it would be a harder decision.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Teacher siad he is willing to pay the extra $50 over the X850XT PE for the 6800 Ultra if it is worth it? What do you think?

Comment

Like I said, that is a harder decision. I like ATI myself but its a toss-up as to which card will do better. Some games the nVidia takes top honors and in others the ATI board does. Of course, most of my speculations are regarding the X800XT PE vs the 6800 Ultra so it could be that the 850 series will do even better.

Again, this is just my own feelings but I'd go with the X850 board if your teacher can afford the entry fee. Also considering ATI's habit of releasing driver updates monthly, you have a solid performer that won't get stagnant on you.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

I think we will go with the ATI card then, its $50 cheapet than the Ultra that I was looking at for him and I think he will like the driver updates a lot more. I am a nVidia fan myself as soon as we get it built I will atempt to create a small review on the system for you guys if you like.(On my own website of coarse uless it is good enough for Tweak Town standards)X850XT PE VS my 6800GT which I should have by the time this is all said and done

Comment

If the X850XT PE is really cheaper than the Ultra, go for it. Doom 3 will run slower, and a high percentage of future games probably will, but right now they're pretty much tied and whichever is cheaper is the better choice.

Comment

Working...
            X