Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to make a white monitor match a black and silver scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to make a white monitor match a black and silver scheme?

The thing is I have this nice black and siver system with a matching keyboard, mouse, and speakers that I'm selling to someone. They also will be purchasing an ugly white 17" in CRT monitor from me for the system. It would be nice if there was a way to make it match the case and everything else. Is there a certain type of paint that would work better than others or maybe trim of some kind?
    Last edited by Spongebob; 03-02-2005, 04:02 PM.

Re: Is there a way to make a white monitor match a black and silver scheme?

Vinyl Dye. You can find it at Walmart normally.

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
      Vinyl Dye. You can find it at Walmart normally.
      Vinyl Dye, thats a good idea..... I called Wal-mart and they don't carry it here but I'll check around. What do you use to apply it any?

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob
        Vinyl Dye, thats a good idea..... I called Wal-mart and they don't carry it here but I'll check around. What do you use to apply it any?
        You could possibly use Krylon's "Fusion" paint as it is formulated for plastic. Have read several posts at various sites where people have had good look with it. I haven't used it on "plastic" comp parts yet, but have used it around the home with good results. It seems to go on smooth and easy and has a decent "ware factor". Bought some to use on an old HP Vectra case but just haven't had the time.

Just had a thought, haven't seen "silver" in their selection.

Comment

I think I'll try the dye first since dye will probably not work very well after paint is applied. Then I'll do the paint unless the the dye looks perfect. I already found the paint but the dye is going to be a little harder to find in my town of 50,000. I'll do some more searching today. Thanks for the suggestions you guys.

Comment

You want the vinyl dye, I just painted mine black too-you can get it @ Karagen auto parts.

<table id="PartDetailTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="547"> <tbody><tr><td class="pth" colspan="3" align="left">Duplicolor VS3 </td> </tr> <tr id="DescriptionSpacerRow"> <td colspan="3"></td> </tr> <tr id="DescriptionRow"> <td colspan="3" align="left"> Vinyl & Fabric Paint: Flat Black; Aerosol; 11 oz.</td></tr></tbody> </table>

Comment

Working...
            X