Build me the best computer possible with no budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build me the best computer possible with no budget

i need everyones opinion on this. i need the best gaming computer eva, with no budget at all.

so far the best i got is:

GeForce 6800 Ultra (graphics card)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

LAN <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:City>PARTY</st1:City><st1:State>UT</st1:State></st1:place> nF3 250Gb (motherboard)<o:p></o:p>

Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro (sound card)<o:p></o:p>

Maxtor / 120GB / 5400 / 2MB / ATA-133 / EIDE (hard drive)<o:p></o:p>

(DVD burner)<o:p></o:p>

Samsung 52X CD-ROM Black OEM (SH-152A (black)) (CD player)

and i dunno if this is any good or not, plz give any opinion and advice

Re: Build me the best computer possible with no budget

Are you talking about "no budget" (as in "I have no money") or an unlimited budget (as in "I have more money than I could possibly spend")? Either way that slow old Maxtor drive wouldn't be my first choice except as a storage drive which is what I use mine for.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Seeming how he chose a 6800 Ultra, you can conclude that "no budget" means no limit.

DFI has an NF4 board with SLI capabilities and 8 SATA ports.

I would go with the FX-55 and 8-74 gig raptors in RAID 0(two different logical drives). Two gigs of enhanced latency PC-4000

If the single 6800 wasn't enough, you could always add another with SLI.

Custom WC setup for everything and OC when needed.

And this PSU... http://www.pcpowercooling.com/produc...hp?show=T85SSI
      Last edited by matm347; 05-12-2005, 05:55 PM.

Comment

There's certainly no reason to get an nForce 3 board and an AGP card. Get a DFI nForce 4 Ultra or SLI (SLI if "no" means "unlimited"). For a processor, either get an Athlon 64 FX-55 or Athlon 64 X2 4800 (which isn't quite available yet, but will be Q3 or Q4 this yeat). RAM should be OCZ VX PC4000 if it's going to be overclocked, OCZ PC3200 Enhanced Latency if not. Two 512MB sticks (one GB) in either case. More than 1GB will hurt a gaming machine's performance, and won't help with much, if anything.

A 6800 Ultra or two depending on whether or not SLI will be used would make sense. For hard drives, a single 120GB Seagate (longest warranty) drive would be fine, though for a "no budget" machine a whole bunch of Raptors in a RAID 01 (not 0) array would be good. The 16MB cache drives could also be good. Regardless, certanly get a SATA drive. Better performance and features for very little price premium compared to IDE.

For a PSU, make sure to get a 24-pin 500W+ from a good brand name such as Antec, Enermax, or Thermaltake.

The NEC dual-layer burner is good, but I would get either a CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo or just DVD-ROM for my second drive.

Comment

thx 4 da imput. if u know anyone else that might know anything better than wat
          is already there, plz tell them to tell me. and by the way, no budget does mean
          unlimited budget. wat is the best sound card that i should get? and i warn u again, dont try to wrong me, cause i got nerd friends who will tell me! (and they do that for a living)

byz
          Last edited by zidane456; 05-14-2005, 09:46 PM. Reason: got somethign

Comment

What I said still applies then, and the sound card you have is correct. Get the DFI nforce 4 SLI board and two GeForce 6800 Ultras for SLI as I said earlier.

Comment

how about da motherboard?is that right do ya reckon or sumptin else? and y r u on at like 3:00 in the morning? it is there, isnt it?

Comment

Definitely go for a DFI nForce 4 SLI for the motherboard.

I am usually up 3:00 AM on weekends, though my posting times in this thread for yesterday were 6:43 PM and 9:41 PM (Central, GMT -6).

Comment

ive got the DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb Motherboard for sure. does anyone know what Cooling i should get. ive heard people talking about custom made Vapour cooling, and that dry ice gas....uuummm....i forget the name. but wat should i get?

Comment

Originally posted by zidane456
                    ive got the DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb Motherboard for sure.
                    So why do you ask for advice if you're going to ignore it?

Comment

i do need ur advice, just not on the thing that u or maybe even i may specify. im sorry aboot that, but i reasearched it very, very thoughly, and saw that this was wat i wanted.

ur knowlege is still welcome in providing advice. and wat is "beefysworld.com"? wat do u do there

thx 4 all of the input so far. but if u see this, could u tell me if i should get GeForce grphix card, or ASUS. so far im settled on ASUS, but by all means, prove me wrong.

ps. i didn't think there was a difference between those motherboards. i am pretty crappy when it comes to computers

byz

Comment

That board might have been great to get a while ago... Somewhere around a year, IIRC. The difference now is huge. Nforce 3 is AGP while nForce is PCI-E, overclocks better, has more features, and is just better all around. The nForce 4 DFI board is what you want.

beefysworld.com is comprised primarily of former TweakTown regulars. It's similar to this forum, except much less formal in many ways. It also has a greater knowledge base in its members, more importantly. You might have some trouble getting help on certain types of things here that they can help you with.

ASUS doesn't manufacturer GPUs. They do sell video cards, but they are GeForce cards. I would, however, suggest a different brand of them. Asus doesn't really make the best video cards (I'm not trying to imply they make bad ones, either, though), and you'll probably be able to get the same card but with a better package and better cooling for the same price for a different company. Regardless of all that, the only thing that's really all that important in this area is that you get a PCI-Express GeForce 6800 Ultra. You probably won't be unhappy regardless of which brand.

Comment

how about this 4 a graphics card:

ASUS V9999ULTRA DELUX FX6800 Ultra AGP8X/TV-Out/2xDVI/WebCam
                          GeForce 6800 Ultra / 256MB 256-bit DDR3 / TV-out / Dual DVI-I / Twin View / Game Bundle / Free WebCam

if u think of anything better, plz tell. i got this from a website called www.staticice.com

they r pretty good at finding crap from all ova da net. i am mainly using them

Comment

Looks fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X