Anyone own a Swiftech MP650?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a Swiftech MP650?

I just got the MP650 in the mail and I noticed it doesn't fit with my tubing (3/8ID 1/2OD). Am I supposed to buy barbs to connect it? Also, I noticed a red dial on the pump and the instruction manual doesn't say what it's for. I think the options are 2, 2.5, 3 and 4. Is that like a voltage regulator? This is my first water system so I'm not too knowledgable yet.

Also... I got a Sapphire X850XT. What's the safest way to remove the heatsink. Should I clean it with alcohol before I put the water block on?

Re: Anyone own a Swiftech MP650?

That's funny, I don't have any sort of knob on my MCP650 pump. Can you take a photo of it and post? As to the barbs, one should be sized for 1'2"OD tubing (inlet) and the other should be sized for 5/8"OD tubing (outlet to reservoir) If you check out the site they have a pretty good installation manual that should get you set up.

When removing the old heatsink of the ATI VPU, carefully remove it and then clean the chipset with isopropyl alcohol or some sort of similar compound to remove the old interface material. Before installing the waterblock, make sure to include a coating of a good TIM to replace the old stuff you're removing. Arctic Silver 5 is still about the best but there are several that will work well. Without the TIM, the waterblock won't come close to working at its peak performance levels.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Anyone own a Swiftech MP650?

There aren't any knobs. It looks exactly like the photo on the website. Where exactly is this manual? So I want 5/8" OD tubing running between the outlet and the resevoir? All the rest of the tubing is 1/2" right? What do you have that little red dial set to? The options are 1-5 and it came set to 2.

Do I just put the barbs in the holes there?

Comment

Working...
      X