SATA Drive not working with Windows ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATA Drive not working with Windows ME

I have just bought the Intel D925XBC2 mother board which has onboard SATA Raid (intel 82801). With the the motherboard came drivers for the Raid function but only for Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I have Windows ME and if you go to the intel site http://developer.intel.com/design/m...rl_drive.htm#ME you'll see that they have drivers for all the other things on the motherboard for Windows ME just not the raid function. I can't get Windows to boot (apart from in safe mode) beceause i keep getting an error saying

"Your multifunction device (Standard Dual PCI IDE controler) has some child devices using 32-bit drivers and others using compatibility mode drivers. This configuration is not supported, so your computer has been halted to prevent corruption.

After you restart your computer, windows will use compatibility mode drivers for each child device attached to the multi-function device.
    If you don't want to use 32-bit drivers, you may be able to obtain an update driver for the device that caused the problem by contacting your hardware manufacturer, or you can disable the device."

I have a feeling if i installed the Raid drivers in Safe mode it would work but i don't have them to try. In safe mode is says in device manager that IDE drivers are being used for the primary and secondary controllers.
    Please any help would be great, drivers, ways around this problem, anything!!
    <!-- / message -->

Re: SATA Drive not working with Windows ME

Why in the hell are you using a Win9x based os with that setup anyway?

Without WinXP most functions that your system is capable of won't work (not only RAID but Hyperthreading, NX Flag and a few other functions).

Comment

Re: SATA Drive not working with Windows ME

I am having this problem at this time, but I going to try the regedit mybe I can get some going.

Comment

Working...
      X