Comp wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp wont start

My comp jus wont start up.. it gives me a long beep pause then another long beep and it keeps going over and over again
    i was worried it might be a compatability problem with the psu and my motherboard

Re: Comp wont start

Check to make sure that your video card and memory sticks are properly seated.

What sort of compatibility prob do you think that you have with the PSU and mainboard? (maybe telling us what they are may help)

Comment

i check the psu and thats fine
      the memory and vid card are seated properly too and everythings connected up fine so i dont know why my comp wont boot up. i dont know if there are compatability issues or not

the comps specs are:
      GB K8NF-9 PCIe mobo running a phoneix bios
      Athlon 64 3200
      Asus 6600GT PCIE n SLi
      SATA 200GB Seagate HDD
      LG DVD Burner
      2x Hyundai 512mb ddr400
      coolermaster 430w PSU

Comment

what does the m/board manual beep code list define one long beep as??
        E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

In the manual it says - AWARD BIOS Beep Codes - continuous long beeps : DRAM error
          the ram is ddr400 and is supported by the mobo, i even switch it with a different stick of ddr400 and it still didnt work

Comment

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

Also, the use of a 430W PSU with an SLI system does strike me as being potentially problematic.

That said, resetting the CMOS may fix things and the POST code obviously doesn't point to the PSU. Try the RAM in a another machien to make sure it works, if you can. It's also possible that you did a poor job mounting the motherboard and it's shorting out. Usually this prevents it from even turning on, but all sorts of things can result from this.

Comment

Ive jus tried resetting the cmos but that didnt help
              so i tried re mounting the motherboard but that didnt work either. i noticed on the case it had markings like A or AB and AM etc near the standoffs.. does that have any relevance?

Comment

Strange I have the exact same problem. I built this computer a week ago its a AMD 3500 with a Gigabyte mother board a GA-K8NSC-939 its got a gig off DDR 3200/400 memory and an Nividia 5700 card. 2 hard drives a 120 gig and a 40 gig to back up the main drive. I was playing a poker game with low graphics for a few hours on Friday night and when I shut the machine down it was running perfect. When I went to restart it Saturday I now get the continuous Low beep. Nothing on the screen and it never hits the post. I have been reading other forums over the weekend on my laptop (which is what I am using right now) and they suggested replacing the power supply which I did today with an Antec 550w, (over kill if you ask me) but still the problem is there. Every thing in the manufacuters manual says "Dram error" I have reseated the chips and even changed slots. Both chips are kingston and 512meg each. Is it possible both chips went out at once? Or does anyone have any other suggestions, I am really open for them. I just want to fix the problem. I have never run into anything like this before on my own personal machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                Last edited by stillajedi; 07-13-2005, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X