What moniter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What moniter?

Ok im want, so sorry NEED a new moniter and i was wonderin what was the best 17" moniter around, i dont have alot of much, about £140 UK. any ideas?

I'd say the best 17" monitor around is the Sony Trinitron, amazing monitor....it costs alot though. Another good, and a bit cheaper one is the LG Flatron+, but i've heard that the picture quality isn't so good.

Comment

there is also a philips 17" monitor which is supposed to be quite good, there is a review of it over at OCM ( http://www.ocmelbourne.com/reviews/107p10/107p10.shtml )
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

i have a LG StudioWorks 775N, 0.27 and i find the picture very good...standard resolutions etc...but it makes a irritating ringing noise sometimes...

imo it would have to be viewsonic that make very good 17" monitors...viewmasters are alot cheaper but reasonable :thumb:

Comment

Compaq make a rebadged Sony trinitron tubed monitor which is considerable cheaper than Sony branded ones but have all the features. 1600x1200 res - rare in a 17".
          Onyx

TweakTown
          OCAU - Overclockers Australia
          CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

I recommend any samsung monitor. I have two and they are wonderful. I recently upgraded to a 19" and I think you should seriously consider trying to get the money for a 19". I will never go back !

Comment

I'm guessing you don't go to LAN gatherings...

Comment

I do, and I bet I've been to more than the great majority of people here.... 32 since early 97. What can I say, I'm tough... And in all honesty, thats not a good reason to not get a 19"... the added size benefits you 100% of the time, except for the very few moments in which you are transporting it somewhere. Small price to pay for a 46.5% increase in screen size.

Comment

lol, i have a perminant LAN at school with a couple of m8s (i goto boarding school) so maybe 19" wud be worth the extra money....

Comment

Thoric, change the refresh rate for your graphics card and your 775N won't make the noise anymore, I have one also and it used to do that b4 I changed the setting

Comment

Working...
                    X