AMD 3500+ and PC3500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 3500+ and PC3500

Simple question, I have an AMD 3500+ on an ASUS A8N SLI-Deluxe mobo. I have 2 512mb sticks of ddr 434mhz. Everytime I try to set the ram to 434mhz it changes the cpu multipliers and fsb. Im running the latest bios, I was under the influence that u could OC the ram seperate from the cpu? I know this is a very common board now, so I wonder if someone could help me with changing the right settings.

Re: AMD 3500+ and PC3500

Somewhere in the BIOS the should be an option to change the RAM to "FSB" ration. Right now, it is at 1:1, so they will be identical. You can set it to to something else to get the RAM speed above the "FSB."

Comment

Well theres an option to change the pci clock from (Auto,33.33mhz,To CPU). Is this what I need to change?

Comment

No. The PCI clock has nothing to do with it. You need to find the RAM:"FSB" divider. I'm sure it's there somewhere, I just have no idea where. If you can't find it, do a Google search or something on that particular motherboard.

Comment

OK I got it all figured out. I was use to the agp divider, but 64's dont use that they have a HT divider n such. But anyway I raised the FSB to 217 and dropped the multiplier down from 11 to 10.5 giving me 434mhz ram speed and a small OC on the cpu 2212mhz up to 2279mhz and the HT bus from 1010mhz to 1085mhz. I ran 3dmark05 and pcmark04 and my scores got better. Thx for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X