1.7 p4 how high will it go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.7 p4 how high will it go

I have a Albatron px845pev pro MB1 gig of ram.I ahve oced it to 1850 mhz my cpu temp is42 at idle case is around 47, fsb set at 108 after that cant boot into windows.Havent messed with voltahe much ( dont know how high I can go without damage) Any sugestion's Id like to get 2 gig's if possible

Re: 1.7 p4 how high will it go

No one can tell you that question...you have to try it and see for youself.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

whats the maxium voltage this cpu will handle

Comment

Oh well no matter I bought a 2.8 ghz and am running it at 3.3 so Im satisfied for now.Still wish someone could tell me what a safe voltage is both for the cpu and memory

Comment

2.8..geez..thats a very good overclock..greedy *******..mine won't go pass 3.0..i hit the cpu ceiling. 2.4 stock.

Comment

You never consider that there are different cores of the same clock speed Pentium 4 and different kinds of RAM. We can't possibly give you information on either since you haven't told us anything.

That said, your fine on RAM. I really doubt that board will provide voltages high enough to damage your RAM. I'd say just set it to 2.8 and don't worry about it.

For the CPU, just do some Goolging once you find out whether it's a Prescott or Northwood. You'll quickly find what voltages are considered unsafe. Although, it's really only a major problem with Northwoods, which can basically die with too much voltage (which I don't recall of the top of my head, and I don't feel like Googling anything right now). A Prescott will likely encounter heat problems well before you get to a voltage anywhere near dangerous levels.

Comment

Who are you talking to yawg? if your talking to the guy who made the thread, he has a northwood, i dont think they made prescott 1.7ghz.

Comment

I have one stick of kingston 512 333 2700 and two generic 256 sticks same info.like my reply earlier stated I coudnt get the 1.7 to go far so I bought a 2.8 and it went to 3.3 very easy.Im trying to build a "multimedia"box cheaper than the market is advertising them so needed the bigger cpu anyway

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
                  Who are you talking to yawg? if your talking to the guy who made the thread, he has a northwood, i dont think they made prescott 1.7ghz.
                  No Precott 1.7 but there is the Willamette core which is a poor overclocker (2.0-2.2GHz usually the top for that core) and when o/c'd they tended not to last very long.

Comment

Educate me.How do I tell what it is.I have the 1.7 put away as well as a 1.5 that I never tried to overclock.Im pretty new to overclocking so Im listening

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
                      If you read his more recent post you'll see that he bought a 2.8GHz and OCed it to 3.3GHz. He didn't get the 1.7 to 3.3.

To see the core of the CPU, just get CPU-Z from my signature. It will tell you the core.

Comment

Thanks YawgmOth that gave me some info I can use

Comment

Working...
                        X