Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pc shuts down automatically

hi all,
    i have pentioum 4, pc. when i start it windows 98 loads and after everything is loaded, my pc just shuts down after 1-2 minutes. my monitor, keybord and mouse power goes off, but on cpu cabinet it shows green light blinking (which means i think cpu is still on). its my kind request to plzz reply me asap.
    Parag

Re: My pc shuts down automatically

Originally posted by paragpphatak
    hi all,
    i have pentioum 4, pc. when i start it windows 98 loads and after everything is loaded, my pc just shuts down after 1-2 minutes. my monitor, keybord and mouse power goes off, but on cpu cabinet it shows green light blinking (which means i think cpu is still on). its my kind request to plzz reply me asap.
    Parag

It could be cuased by a number of things that come to mind. A bad Ram module is a good bet, heat can cause weird stuff like that also on any particular peice of hardware, something shorting your board out, a possible PSU problem, or its possible that hardware is not the problem at all, so I'd try this first;

Reset the bios and disable any power options that change the way you system starts or any power saving features.
    Try reooting and see what happens.
    If that fails, reboot your system into safe mode to see if its a driver problem.

One question, are you getting any beep codes upon bootup or any error messages that might give you a clue?

Comment

Re: My pc shuts down automatically

First, I recommend and english grammar class. Second, Unhook all your hardware inside your computer except graphics card and cpu. If it boots up fine, then hook up your hard drive (if multiple, the one with Windows installation). While you're running your computer, if the problem persists, try replacing components such as psu and ram. If nothing what spongebob said works, call an exorcist or rip out all of your hair and scream.

Comment

Working...
      X