I'm super cheap but I want a good graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm super cheap but I want a good graphics card

Alright, I don't normally play any computer games but I recently got into WoW a couple of weeks ago and after seeing it played on my friends computers I'm stunned at how crappy my graphics are. I'm running a stock Emachines card (haven't done anything to it due to my lack of computer savvy and desired funds, but hey, the computer itself was affordable). So I'm wondering if any of you computer gurus can suggest one for me. I'm kinda iffy on spending $450 on a game I can already play (which is how much my friends payed for their graphics cards) so I'm kinda limiting it to at the most $100, maybe $150. I'm open to other suggestions but as far as I'm concerned, the cheaper the better. If it helps here are the specs for my compter as stated on the front: Emachines T2893, 330 Intel Celeron Processor (2.6ghz is stated near there), 512 RAM.

Also, thanks much in advance.

Re: I'm super cheap but I want a good graphics card

I'm not familiar with "emachines" pc's, does it have an AGP slot? As far as I can see from the website it has intergrated video, but doesn't say whether it has an AGP slot or free pci slots. You really need to know what you have on the m/board slot wise before you can even determine if it will accept a graphics card.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Re: I'm super cheap but I want a good graphics card

Yeah, it's capable of handleing it, to my knowledge. It also came with the option ( before the purchase) if we wished to upgrade to some GeForce video card, but because the upgrade practically doubled the computer price it got the big thumbs down. My step-dad also runs a familiar model in which we chose to upgrade the video card on.

Comment

Working...
      X