winxp freeze and spontanious reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winxp freeze and spontanious reboots

I'm running xp pro and I'm playing hech with the comp freezing and rebooting for no reason.I'm running very minimal processes.I'm running an Asus P4C 800-E Deluxe mobo with a P4 2.6 (800 fsb). The memory is Ocz PC 3700 gold edition 512mbs. I've tried running memtest, but this will take a week to finish the test. It ran for 10 hours and was at 10% done. My comp is water cooled and I don't want it to run while I'm sleeping or at work. I don't know what to do or what to look at. Oh, and I'm running a 500 watt psu. If anyone has anything to say about this problem please get back to me. Thanks.

Re: winxp freeze and spontanious reboots

Did you add any new hardware, change any settings, update something, or install new software recently?

Has the system always did this or is it something that just started happenning for no reason, and did the software you mentioned work correctly on that exact system in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by wily5150
      I've tried running memtest, but this will take a week to finish the test. It ran for 10 hours and was at 10% done.
      Something is seriously wrong here. Memtest shouldn't even take half an hour to run. What version are you using? Use the link in my signature for memtest86+.

Comment

No, I have'nt installed any new software lately, and yes, it has done this for awhile. Yawgm0th, I clicked the link in your signature and loaded memtest on a floppy and ran it. My memory is fine, (no errors). It was a different memtest I ran. Thanks for pointing it out. I've unloaded all software running except za,nav,motherboard monitor, and my email program. I'll run it and see if anything happens. Thanks for the imput guys.

Comment

Working...
        X