Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I enable dual display in this case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I enable dual display in this case?

OK I don't know if this thread is relevant in this forum, but here's the problem: how to use an additional PCI graphic card as a secondary display device and enable dual monitor?

I've got a Diamond Viper V330 graphic card which is a Riva128 PCI card with S-video out. And I've got a MSI KM4AM-L mobo that's based on KM400A chipsets and have graphics (S3 Unichrome) integrated. What I wanna do is to use both graphics simultaneously, one to my monitor another to my TV. However it seems that these two things won't work togather at the same time. If I set primary display to 'PCI' in the bios the VGA onboard will not work. Set primary display to 'AGP' the V330 stops working.

So what's the cause of this problem? Is it that my VGA onboard is preventing any other graphic card to work while it is in use (in which case I have no hope with this mobo)? Or is it the V330 does not support dual display so that I should just get another oldy graphic card?

Any advice or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Another thing: the V330 doesn't display well on TV. It only give a 4bit color when connected to TV. Wonder if that's the original problem of Riva128.
    Last edited by zooba; 09-12-2005, 09:12 AM.

Re: How can I enable dual display in this case?

You should just let Windows load with your default video card. Load the PCI drivers as Windows should find the hardware when it starts up. In the settings menu you should see a secondary display. You can set that to your other monitor. You can get some useful multi-monitor programs from guru3d.com.

Comment

Thank you joe. I have display on secondary monitor now. It's a bare desktop without start menu or desktop shortcuts. It's suppose to be like this isn't it?

Comment

Yep. You can span your desktop, or have two separate ones (with only 1 being the main with the taskbar).

Comment

Working...
        X