• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which case for cooling

I'm currently looking at buying the Thermaltake Armour
    http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/04/thermaltake_arm.html
    I have been quoted $250.AUS.
    Im running a pentium D with a Zalman cooler.
    Can anyone recommend an alternative to this case, or is this the best for the price.

Thankyou in advance
    Wayne

Re: Which case for cooling

Buy a case worth less than $70 AUS. Mod it and/or spend more on fans and heatsinks. I've never seen any reason to buy a case simply because it has nice cooling abilities (unless we're talking about SFF cases, but we're not). Modding the case to have a CPU duct is much more effective than any case without one, assuming air cooling is being used. Modding the case/getting more fans for the case just so it has better airflow is usually pretty effective, too.

Comment

Just look for something that fits your size needs to begin with. I can't have anything over 450mm due to the desk I keep it in. Then go with something that has spaces for a 120 mm fan front and rear. That should do it. A lot of good reviews on the Antec's these days such as the P180 and P160. I even read a review of the P150 that sounds super awesome.

Comment

I like the raidmax cases, as they provide lots of room for fans to start and leave room for mods to fit more/bigger fans. They are cheap, robust and most of the time, not bad looking.

Comment

hey dont forget to take a look at the coolermaster cm690, it can hold up to 7 fans and is very roomy. really good air flow. and the best part its cheap got it for like 65cdn.

Comment

I would agree with the Coolermaster CM690, plenty of fans (2 have filters), psu at the bottom. Cheap and heaps of room inside.
            Intel i7 2600k | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (U1g) | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 (CL8) | Galaxy GTX275 1GB
            OS Drive - OCZ Vertex3 SATA 6Gbps 120GB (2.22) | Storage Drives - 2xSeagate ST31000524AS 6Gbps 1TB (RAID 0)
            Other Storage Drive - 1xSeagate ST31000333AS SATA 3Gbps 1TB | LiteON SATA iHAS324 (BL1P)
            Corsair CMPSU-750HX | Coolermaster HAF912 Advanced |
            Coolmaster V8 Aircooler
            ZBoard | Logitech G9x | Panasonic 37" 1080p LCD | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Comment

Silverstone TJ07

It can even hold a triple radiator for watercooling on the bottom. It's not the cheapiest case in the world ofcourse, but it's top-notch quality.

Comment

Working...
              X