Is my OC'd setup running too hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my OC'd setup running too hot?

I have had my CPU oc'd for a while now and was concerned about how hot things were getting. My current setup is in my signature and has held up for many months.

Idle Temps are ok but under heavy gaming (ex BF2) using MM5, it get's to a toasty 127F CPU, and 105F Northbridge (Mobo) temps.

As far as the CPU being 127F, that's fine I think, but the Norhtbridge getting to 105F doesn't seem like it should be that hot.

If you know if these temps are too hot for what I have running, please comment me back. Thanks.

Re: Is my OC'd setup running too hot?

53C is a bit warm for an idling processor, but that's just my opinion.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I think I typed it to be interpreted wrong. Sorry about that.

::Idle temps are::

CPU: 82F
      Northbridge (Mobo): 86F

---------------
      ---------------

::Underheavy load::

CPU: 127F
      Northbridge (Mobo) : 105F

Comment

Ah, that makes a little difference. 53C is still a bit high for my likings, but you should have no problems at all with temperatures in that range. As to the Northbridge, I generally don't put too much concern into additional cooling of this component unless I'm having stability issues that look to be coming from this area. If you're system is stable at the overclocked speeds, you're fine.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
          As to the Northbridge, I generally don't put too much concern into additional cooling of this component unless I'm having stability issues that look to be coming from this area. If you're system is stable at the overclocked speeds, you're fine.
          Thanks for the feedback. It's good you told me that if it is running stable, just to keep it as it is unless it becomes a problem. I almost bought a new Northbride heatsink for that reason (being so hot). With the CPU being 127F, yeah it is a kind of hot, but I just don't like how my comp runs at 2.6GHz, so leaving it at a 3.25GHz state with the high temp will just have to cut it for now until I can afford something for better cooling. But like you said, solid stability =

Comment

Updated information:

I got myself a new PSU which flow air better through the case. Now my CPU runs @ 107F load and the chipset runs @ 89F load. Had good cooling but not enough airflow. Seems to run better too now that I have sufficient power. Thanks for the help Darthtanion.

Comment

Working...
            X