SLi issues w/ 6600 BFG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLi issues w/ 6600 BFG

I bought a new computer and got the Nforce4 SLi Gigabyte mobo. As soon as i got the computer, i put my 2 geforce 6600's by bfg in it. Now, these cards dont actually utilize the SLi chip itself (the chip that bridges the 2 cards) but they are SLi capable. My question, is essentially how do i enable the SLi...i checked my bios and couldnt find anything there...updated the drivers for the graphics cards as well and couldnt find it in the options there. maybe its quite simple, and theres some easy way to do this that i am completely overlooking, but it seems to be giving me a run for my money. Also, i checked the cd they gave me with the gigabyte board for any type of SLi supporting features, and found nothing really. So any helpful information regarding this would be nice. Thanks!

Re: SLi issues w/ 6600 BFG

There is probably a sellector card on the motherboard between the two PCI-E 16x slots. You need to flip this card in order to split the 16 pipelines between the two slots. After you boot into windows you should be automaticly greeted with a message asking you if you want to turn on SLI and set your options.

If you have an auto switching motherboard then you might have a problem.

I cant really help unless I know the exact model of the motherboard, give me that and I can help you a lot better, with the bois aswell.

Comment

<tt>GIGABYTE K8N-PRO SLI NF4 939PIN</tt></pre>

Comment

anyone have an answer?

Comment

Comment

figured it out

Comment

Working...