"New Folder" Keeps Reappearing on Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New Folder" Keeps Reappearing on Desktop

For some reason, a new folder keeps appearing on my desktop. Every time I delete it, it comes back either after a few seconds or after a few minutes. It's always empty. Anybody know what could be causing it?

Re: "New Folder" Keeps Reappearing on Desktop

Check the properties of the folder and see if there is anything there that would cause the issue. I kinda dount it, but it would be my first thing to look at. From there, run a good spyware/malware utility to see if you've caught something. Ad-Aware and Spybot are probably about the two best and they're both free. If Yawg stops in you can grab the links to these utilities from his sig.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yeah, I had a strange virus one time that put an odd object labeled as ~ on the desktop. Sure enough when I ran a virus scan, it found and deleted it. My guess is that it is a virus or spyware.

Comment

I have had this problem for about 6 months and only just now solved it. I had a couple of deleted folders which just kept on reappearing, on of which was on my desktop.

Check your bluetooth settings (if you have it). I found that bluetooth saves previously used folders and keeps them as default 'source' or 'save to' locations. If the folder has been deleted, bluetooth just keeps on putting another one there. over and over and over again.

So simple and yet so annoying...

Comment

Working...
        X