major system error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major system error

ok, so i left my computer for about an hour, had limewire and aim running, and when i come abck i find my computer has rebooted itself. this is the error message it gave me.

c:\DOCUME~1\josh\locals~1\temp\WER5609.dir00\Mini1 12305-01.dmp
    c:\DOCUME~1\josh\locals~1\temp\WER5609.dir00\sysda ta.xml

also, i've been having trouble installing the new nvidia 81.84 drivers. it keeps saying the file is corrupt or damaged.

also, i just ran a virus scan prior to all this happening and had zero viruses found.
    amd 4200 x2
    2gb ocz gold pc4000
    dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
    antec sp500
    bfg7800gtx
    zalman cpu cooler

Re: major system error

That's not an error message. That's a list of two files. What was the error message?

Aren't the 81.84s still in beta?

Have you run a virus scan since?

Comment

Isn't the 81.94 the latest ones that are official?
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Looks like it. Must have confused them with something else...

Comment

well i just got up this morning and it had done it again. i'll have to wait a while for it to do it again so i can tell you the error message. yea i've been running virus scans, nothing is coming up infected.
          amd 4200 x2
          2gb ocz gold pc4000
          dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
          antec sp500
          bfg7800gtx
          zalman cpu cooler

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
            Isn't the 81.94 the latest ones that are official?
            I don't think 81.94 are WHQL yet, I installed mine and I get crashes in some OpenGL utilities, it's rare though.

Comment

i finally got the 81.94s installed. now i'm trying to install the new bf2 patch. it won't install, it keeps giving me some error. i don't understand this bull, i really fricking hate windows. i'm so frustrated.
              amd 4200 x2
              2gb ocz gold pc4000
              dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
              antec sp500
              bfg7800gtx
              zalman cpu cooler

Comment

Stop error caused by a device driver

Symptoms

You are receiving this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused a stop error message. This error message required a restart of your computer. After the restart your computer should continue to operate normally, however the error may re-occur until the problem is corrected.

Cause

A stop error occurs when your computer encounters an error from which it cannot recover. This is usually caused by a device driver which encounters an unhandled exception or performs an illegal operation. When the operating system detects this situation it is stopped to prevent further problems, such as data loss or further system instability.

Resolution

Your error report has been computer analyzed and is unable to determine the exact cause of the error at this time. Since a cause and resolution has not been found your error report will be analyzed by Microsoft and any associated vendors to determine the cause of the error. After a cause has been found and corrected you will receive an updated message the next time you receive this same error with instructions on resolving the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

this is what it told me after i reported the error. also after this happened my computer has been running slower and things aren't loading up properly. also, the other day when i was playing bf2, the screen kept getting these litle black stops all over it. like you would see in an old movie. any ideas?
                amd 4200 x2
                2gb ocz gold pc4000
                dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
                antec sp500
                bfg7800gtx
                zalman cpu cooler

Comment

Error message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
                  amd 4200 x2
                  2gb ocz gold pc4000
                  dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d