Need help with radeon 9200...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with radeon 9200...

I recently installed a radeon 9200 in a dell dimension 4600 and i can not play any games like diablo 2 halo etc. all i get when i install diablo is the there is no 3d card detected. i have downloaded and updated all the drivers and still nothing. i know nothing about this computer cause i got it from a friend.
    any help would be great thanks

Re: Need help with radeon 9200...

WinXP? Do other programs work fine with the board? Were you once using an onboard graphics adapter and switched to an AGP model adapter without telling the BIOS to look for a video board somewhere else first? Do you have a recent version of DirectX installed after you installed the new video board?

There are any number of possible causes. More information about your setup would be very helpful.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

yes i have winxp other progrmas work fine just games, before this card i was using the card that came from dell and i looked at the BIOS and it said agp and yes after i put the card in i installed the most recent directx....i dont know

Comment

Did you uninstall the old video drivers before you installed the new card? Have you checked device manager to see if the new card is properly installed?
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

in the device manager under display adaptors it says radeon 9200 and radeon 9200 secondary

Comment

Two entries for an ATi board is customary. Since 2d works fine and 3d does not, either return it for a replacement or RMA the board. I've had to do it before and it happens occassionally.
            My Toys

Comment

whats RMA mean?

Comment

If the vendor will not replace it with another just like it, then you have to make contact with the video board's manufacturer. RMA is what they will give you to return the board for replacement. It stands for Return Material Authorization and is basically the company's permission for you to return the board for repair/replacement. If it is a relatively new purchase, however, I would recommend trying the place you bought it first.
                My Toys

Comment

so theres nothing i can do with this cause i pulled it out of a working computer and the only thing that is wrong with this one is that it says no 3d accelarator on games

Comment

hmmm they try to run DXDIAG and then go to your DISPLAY tab, and then Enable AGP, tell me if that works

Comment

agp says not avalible so does direct3d

Comment

then i am guessing you only have PCI?

Comment

ya i did i got it working earlyer and now i got diablo II and halo working thanks

Comment

For future people with the same problem please share the solution. Was it just a matter of changing the bios to reflect the fact that it should use pci?
                            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                            X