9600XT trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9600XT trouble

I got this new card for christmas, and I slapped it in and went to install the software, and when I put the disk in with the software and drivers and what not, I got this error message:

16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable
    for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close'
    to terminate the application.

[close] [ignore]

So I chose close, and I downloaded the drivers off of ati.com.

It prompted for a reboot, so I did. When the computer booted, all my monitor settings looked funny, but I didn't think anything of it because I could change it up in the video card's settings. My computer finished booting and i got this error message:

CLI.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK
    to terminate the application.

I clicked ok, and I was a little worried. I clicked on the catalyst control center, and got this same error message. So now I'm stuck with these lame monitor settings, and I'm stumped. Anyone know what the deal is?

Re: 9600XT trouble

You need to download the .NET updates from Microsoft for the Catalyst software to work properly. Until then, Catalyst will not function. Did you uninstall the old video drivers as well? That may also cause an issue. I would first start by updating the .NET Framework updates from Microsoft Updates and go from there.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
      You need to download the .NET updates from Microsoft for the Catalyst software to work properly.
      Only if you install the Control Center, which is a stupid thing to do.

Just download the Catalyst drivers with the Control Panel. The Control Center is a major RAM hog and adds almost no functionality.

Comment

thanks for your help, fellas, but i figured it out. my autoexec.nt file was corrupted or something and i had to make a new one. i got some instructions and stuff from microsoft's support page. thanks for the replies though, i really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
        X