pny 5700ve 1 monitor installed, 2 detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pny 5700ve 1 monitor installed, 2 detected

well let me start by saying I only have one monitor. It's a refurbished HP M90. I'm running win98se on a clean install. After instalation of the correct driver information from HP (assignment in the windows system info of the correct monitor by updating drivers to the default monitor) all was fine. The correct monitor was recognized under windows default vga video driver and as only having one monitor installed. After the nvida drivers were installed however, windows went through the new hardware detection process at reboot and detected a second default monitor, and proceeded to install another default monitor while still detecting the HP M90? tried to uninstall the second default monitor as well as assigning the HP monitor setting to the second monitor but no matter what I try it still recognizes two monitors? Also tried unistalling both monitors and video card under systems tab in win98 settings menu but still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: pny 5700ve 1 monitor installed, 2 detected

WELL UNDER PROPERTIES U CAN JUST pick one monitor to be ur main u can just ignore the other one

Comment

The card is capable of running two displays, so it will detect a secondary display. I don't see what your problem would be anyway.

Comment

It will always be there no matter what, its just incase you wanted to run to monitors at once.

Comment

Working...
        X