Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista

This isnt a real huge problem but i was just wondering what the price ranges would be on the upcoming release of windows vista.

Re: Windows Vista

Somewhere between "way too much" and "way more than its worth." There will be several different versions (five, IIRC). Which one were you looking at? Also, are you talking about a retail or OEM copy? Note that any answer your given will be based mostly on educated guessing.

Comment

Not to sound stupid(just intelligently challenged)What is comparision of vista to longhorn,and what happened to longhorn in USA?Jo
      Main Rig-Clr full tower 7 colored fans,Asus A7N8X-Deluxe,Athlon xp3000+,1.5 gig pc3200,Saphire 9600pro 256 mb,Evercool wc101 water cooler,Ultra 500 x-connect,Maxtor 120,Dvd-rom,Dvd-ram,floppy,Windows XP pro sp2,2003 office pro...

Comment

I thought I heard that longhorn would be the next server operating system. I might be wrong, but oh well. So when is vista coming out (another delay)? Is there going to be a home or pro version or just one?

Comment

Longhorn was just a name that was used in development stages (like a code name). The chosen name for the new operating system is Vista. To summarize: the operating system previously known as Longhorn no longer exists since it will be released as Vista.
          According to MS we should see Vista on the shelves before the end of this year. October?
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

What is with that.I read a year ago pirated copies of longhorn could be bought on street corners in Japan.What ever that implied.
            Main Rig-Clr full tower 7 colored fans,Asus A7N8X-Deluxe,Athlon xp3000+,1.5 gig pc3200,Saphire 9600pro 256 mb,Evercool wc101 water cooler,Ultra 500 x-connect,Maxtor 120,Dvd-rom,Dvd-ram,floppy,Windows XP pro sp2,2003 office pro...

Comment

Originally posted by jofultner
              What is with that.I read a year ago pirated copies of longhorn could be bought on street corners in Japan.What ever that implied.
              Alphas and eventually betas could always be acquired and still can. Granted, there was absolutely no advantage to using them over XP unless you wanted driver problems and even instability. Since then it has gotten a lot better, and you can still get copies very easily.

Comment

Anyone got an idea how much vista would be ?

Comment

See my first post in this thread.

Comment

according to the wiki @ vistaknowledge.com around $99 for the basic versions. there will be 7 different versions which should confuse the hell out of some of us..

Comment

I have a friend who had Vista (I don't know how he got it) and he said it was junk and I had to see for myself. So after he removed it from his computer, I borrowed it and installed it. I thought it was OK but it wasn't anything to jump at, I guess mainly because it is still in testing stage, but I think that this new Windows is going to be way over priced and it's going to be XP with some extra eye candy and a few new tips and tricks here and there, but I'd that this is a program that can be categorized as a "Wait until it is in the bargain range" or "Wait until it comes with a new computer that isn't over $700"...
                      --Mjha--

Comment

It's not done yet and there are a lot of features that have yet to be implemented. Wait for it before judging. Hell, I tried a Longhorn (Vista developmental code name) Alpha that was basically XP with a stupid clock and poor driver support, but I'm still betting Vista will have something worth offering.

Comment

Now that I think of it. I agree. I was actually impressed to a degree when I upgrded from Windows 98 to Windows XP. I thought I had the best OS in the ever(until the stop errors started). And I was young and naive, but I relatively liked Vista. I was scared to install it at first and luckily I installed it on a seperate partition b/c I couldn't use any of my programs when I tried re-installing them. I think If I could have used them, I would have kept Vista but it was taking up space and I had an ever growing need of space for my music collection... I'll have to wait and see what it brings, I still think the price is going to be ridiculous, but it may be a worthwile program...
                          --Mjha--

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
                            It's not done yet and there are a lot of features that have yet to be implemented. Wait for it before judging. Hell, I tried a Longhorn (Vista developmental code name) Alpha that was basically XP with a stupid clock and poor driver support, but I'm still betting Vista will have something worth offering.
                            I don't. Man, that clock was pretty obnoxious too. If I want a huge gay analog clock I will go to Target and buy one for $5.

Comment

LOLOLOLOLOL True! But, I'm not going to pay for it until I download it for free and try it first or unless I get it free (legit, but free). Somebody gave me a copy of XP b/c they couldn't put it on their computer. I'll download Vista and if it's good, I'll buy it (if I have the money), if not I'll take it off and go back to XP or I'll just keep using until I have the money to buy. I like to try before I buy, not drive 20 minutes to the store, pay $200, install it, not like it, then have to drive all the way back... I'll try, then pay...
                              --Mjha--

Comment

Working...
                              X