Powering Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering Up

I just finished building my comp, everything is connected up properly, when i power it up it beeps every 3 seconds and nothing gets sent to my monitor so i cant setup cmos and then load on windows xp pro, any help would be appreciated.

Rig:
    Asus a8n-sli m/b
    Antec server case
    Antec 500w psu
    Asus DVD burner
    Panasonic floopy
    PixelView 6600GT 128mb
    17" crt
    512 MB Kingston Ram
    Seagate barracuda 80gig sata h/d
    AMD x2 3800+ processor
    Zalman Fatality CPU Cooler

Re: Powering Up

If I remember correctly, that qualifies for a Video or RAM Problem. Try a diffrent slot for your RAM, and make sure your video card is seated properly, also make sure if there are any more connectors on the motherboard and if there is connect them. My DFI has a floppy power connector to provide extra power to the PCI-E slots when running SLI, the SLI-DR and Ultra also have molex connectors. Check for something like that.

Comment

Ok ill try using a different ram bay.

Comment

Still no luck =(

Comment

Your mainboard uses the Award BIOS. Check here for some information about these beep error codes. It may prove useful.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Thx darth, the beep code is a repeated loop which means memory. Ill grab 2x 512mb this time round c how it goes.

Comment

Its got me baffled, i tryed some old ram that works but still same beeps.

Comment

Do i have to have 2 sticks filling bay 1 and 2 since its a dual channel mobo, or can it be just 1 stick in bay 1 ?

Comment

It should work with 1 stick only.
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

I figured out the problem it was a faulty ram bay, i tried using a different bay no luck then i moved my sata cable to a different slot still no luck then i moved the ram back to bay 1 and sata cable to slot 1 and it powered up and bang it worked, so i dunno wtf was happeneing b4 but its working now so yeh i wanna thank casecutter and darth for helping and narrowing down the problem thx boyz much appreciated =)

Comment

Oh and thx to amd lover for the info which was spot on.

Comment

Working...
                      X