OC'ing my 3500+.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC'ing my 3500+.....

if I oc'd my 3500+ from 2.2ghz to 2.4ghz (218mhz x 11x) which amd processor is that equivalent to??....the question goes for the same with my BFG 7800gt oc 425mhz/1050mhz stock to 500mhz/1200mhz video card.....thanks!

Re: OC'ing my 3500+.....

It would be about the same as a 7800GTX.

Comment

serious eh!.....sweet!!!.....thanks man!....if I was 2 replace my stock hsf with the zalman 9500 how far do u think I'll get???.....fx57 possibly???

Comment

I'd suggest a Thermalright XP-90 or XP-120, not a Zalman. In any case you can likely reach 2.7-2.8GHz as long as temperatures are good, so indeed you can near or even meet FX-57 speeds.

Comment

cool....thanks 4 the recommendation :).....r any of the thermalright quiet coolers.....even @ load???

Comment

They are just heatsinks. You need to purchase a fan separately. The XP-90 works great with a Panaflo 90mm L1B or M1A. The L1B is a little weaker, but a little quieter. I'd say it's probably the best choice.

For an XP-120, Yate Loon and Silverstone both make some quiet, yet powerful 120mm fans.

Oh, if you're in America, I'd suggest you buy your cooling parts on jab-tech.com and/or Frozencpu.com.

Comment

thanks 4 the recommendations Yawgmoth!......just wondering would I have 2 clean off the left over thermal paste that's on the cpu & apply a new coat or can I just take off the stock fan & just replace it with the new cpu fan right away??.....& if I would have 2 clean off the thermal paste what is the proper way & would I have 2 buy something extra in order 2 remove it?....I'm Canadian BTW.....lol...thanks!

Comment

Clean it off the CPU using a citrus-based cleaner such as Goo Off. Then, clean the CPU using 99% (or the highest you can find) Isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Dry it with lint-free cloth (such as lens cleaner) and apply the new stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X