Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS A8N32-SLI Overclocking with Corsair and OCZ article

Hello,

I am n00B to overclocking. I read the article from Tweak Town and decided to buy the A8N32-DLX MB with the suggested memory Corsair. I bought 4 GB and have installed it in the system.

A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    1 X 4 GB of the Corsair XMS3500 Pro as the article
    AMD 3800+ MB.

I can only use the preset 10% AI overclocking this way it keeps my memory at 200Mhz otherwise it falls to 133 Mhz with any other setting. I tried to follow the direction from the article however it is not working.

Can someone help me with the voltage setting the "HTT" and Voltage for the memory. And any other setting that would get me to a 257Mhz for the memory. You can see the setting I have below.

The CPU is clk'd at 220Mhz with a 10X multi now with the built in Ausu 10% increase.
    Attached Files

Re: ASUS A8N32-SLI Overclocking with Corsair and OCZ article

Don't use the AI OC, set the RAM frequency to 200 (no divider) and set the FSB to 257, Your CPU may not work at that high of a frequency, so you will want to set the multiplier at 9x and work your way up. Same for the HTT multipliers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Please remember I am a n00b and half the stuff you said I did not understand.

I know how to set the 2.5-3-3-8 and change the CPU FSB.

Also what about voltages.

What and how do I set HTT.

How do I set the FSB of the memory all I see is time setting.

Sorry for my agnorance.

Comment

You'll have to go into the "jumper free" config menu, this is where you set the voltages and FSB. in the DRAM config menu you will see the "Limit", this is what you set to 200.

What cooling do you have?

I have the same board and it's not one I would suggest for the first time overclocker, it can get really confusing with all of the different settings.

What programs do you run to verify stability/temps with your overclock?

People @newegg with your RAM(as I have no experiance with it) say it can take extra voltage well, I suggest starting @ 2.8 volts and see how far you can get your FSB before you take errors.
        Last edited by matm347; 02-28-2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by powerplyer
          Hello,

I am n00B to overclocking. I read the article from Tweak Town and decided to buy the A8N32-DLX MB with the suggested memory Corsair. I bought 4 GB and have installed it in the system.

A8N32-SLI Deluxe
          1 X 4 GB of the Corsair XMS3500 Pro as the article
          AMD 3800+ MB.
          If I take your post right you mean that you have 4x1GB memory modules installed?

If so then that alone will severly limit your overclock not to mention the impact of the slower memory command timing.

Take out 2 of those modules (you should really not need anymore than 2GB of memory anyway) and you'll find that you'll not only get a better oc but your memory performance will also be much better.

Comment

Working...
          X