How the hell do i cool down my pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell do i cool down my pc

For some strange reason if i leave my pc on it will slowly heat up. my processor starts of quite then after 2 hours of so not doing anythink the fan starts to speed u to 4400rpm and the cpu sits at 60c and somtimes goes higher. I have enough fans and my case has a great air flow cuse the case temp stays around 28c and all other temps are quite low. I just dont understand my CPU is only 11 months old or somthink.
    The heat sink on the processor is quite big..

P4 3.0gz Intel HT
    512mb RAM
    400mhz power supply
    2 HDDs
    Nvidia Geforce 6600
    2 DVD Drives
    total of 6 fans

Re: How the hell do i cool down my pc

Firstly, have you checked out the cpu fan and heatsink for dust build up? 90% of the time rising/high temps are caused by dust build up. Check that the heatsink is making good contact with the cpu.

Secondly if you have cleaned out dust build up and the problem persists I would recommend remounting the cpu with Arctic Silver5 thermal compound and maybe even an after market cooler like a Zalman.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Re: How the hell do i cool down my pc

Originally posted by ANZAC_ELITE
      Firstly, have you checked out the cpu fan and heatsink for dust build up? 90% of the time rising/high temps are caused by dust build up. Check that the heatsink is making good contact with the cpu.

Secondly if you have cleaned out dust build up and the problem persists I would recommend remounting the cpu with Arctic Silver5 thermal compound and maybe even an after market cooler like a Zalman.
      Everything he said.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
      X