Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card driver's won't install...

Hello gentlemen,

I bought a new video card in order to be able to play BF2 and some how the driver's won't install, even after it shows that they have been installed succesfully.
    I have a Soyo PS4 Dragon Ultra mobo, w/ a SiS 645 chipset, a P4 2.4 mhz processor, 1.25 Gigs of pc2700 ddr333mhz ram, a PSU of 550W and the vid card I'm actually using is a Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4600 w/ 128 ram (AGP). The card I bought is a GeForce 6600 OC 256 mb ddr ram (AGP too). After having uninstalled the old card, reboot into safe mode, use Driver Cleaner Pro, switching cards, rebooting and installing the new drivers I always end up w/ the "New Hardware Found" message. I must be missing something in the process or the video card is defective. I don't receive any error messages.
    Can any of you pc guru's help me plz?

Thanks in advance,

Spets
    Last edited by Spetsnaz_SSF; 04-15-2006, 04:22 PM.

Re: Video card driver's won't install...

Ok then, try this way. First make sure that you have all win updates first and are running sp2.

Goto www.nvidia.com and get the newest driver as well as the wdm if your card has vivo(gf6 and 7 take a different vivo than gf2-5). Goto add remove programs and remove the driver from there. In device manager manager uninstall the card. Unplug your internet, turn off, switch card, turn back on. When found hardware shows up, cancel it until it goes away. Install the new driver and reboot. At this point if it is a vivo card, the found hardware will show up again, just cancel then install the wdm, reboot and plug your internet in.

In the past I have encountered machines that refused to properly accept a new gfx card and needed to do a fresh os install with the new card already in the machine.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Re: Video card driver's won't install...

Well, this is what I did... First installed the AGP drivers. Then uninstalled the current vid card, rebooted to safe mode, removed the remaing files/drivers w/ Driver Cleaner, powered off the pc, switched cards, rebooted to normal Windows, installed drivers and...still the "New Hardware Found" message. I tried w/ the driver's that came in the CD w/ the vidcard...nothing, tried w/ the driver that was suggested by the ppl from BFG (v. 77.77)...nothing and tried w/ the lastest driver's from the Nvidia web page and still nothing. After every driver install I would reboot the pc and then install the VIVO drivers (these would install perfectly) and reboot but still w/ the same outcome.

I'm going to return this card, it's driving me nuts...

Thx for your help lad,

Spets.

Comment

Working...
      X