My hard disc drive is no longer recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hard disc drive is no longer recognized

My computer stoped to recognize mi hard disc drive. I dont know what happened, but bios sees the hdd, but cant read the info from it it just appears "User - 0 0 0 0 0 No No Yes". The only thing that happened before that was that i shutted down the computer because it wasnt recognizing the sound card. So i shutted down the computer and tried to turn it on again, but it didnt boot from the disk. If anybody could help me, at least to recover some important files it would be really helpful and i would be really thankful.

Thanks in advance

Re: My hard disc drive is no longer recognized

Remove the hard drive and try it in a friend's machine as a slave drive. This will at least tell you whether you need to replace the drive or not. If it has died totally, you will not be able to recover the data unless you use some sort of professional recovery service or can manage to try to drop in an identical control board. The first choice tends to be very expensive and the second has had limited success.

If the drive is good, you may be looking for a new motherboard. Since you had sound problems, THEN turned right around and had drive problems, it may have dies on you. Just something else to check.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X