help on p4 Titan 533 mouse not working re: Bios reset reqired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on p4 Titan 533 mouse not working re: Bios reset reqired

at home and pooched the power when removing my mouse (loose connection) when trying to restart, cannot select mode as keyboard is not powering - help before my husband gets home!! please...

I have found the reset CMOS and put the 2-pin on clear, now when i boot up it says that the CMOS has to be updated but can't use the keyboard to "del" enter settings..
    Last edited by newmum23; 06-20-2006, 11:26 AM.

Re: help on p4 Titan 533 mouse not working re: Bios reset reqired

I wish I could save you from getting in trouble, but I dont understand a word you are saying. Please be more clear of what is going on.

Comment

I dont dig what your saying either, but I dont often understand what I am saying half the time. I got that you accidentally pressed the power button while unplugging your mouse while you were in the BIOS, and now you cant get the keyboard to work, that is really odd.
      Just tell your husband that a chimp in diapers broke in and mucked up your sys. Maybe an elephant. Sorry for being dumb or whatever I'm doing.

I dunno what you did to mess the thing up if you did what you said, sorry
      you might tryplugging the mouse into the ps/2 port and not the keyboard and vise-versa.
      Why were you reboting? maybe that is the root of the problem.
      Last edited by orangutang91; 06-20-2006, 05:41 PM.

Comment

my techie speak is not very good - so here goes: I was moving the computer and because of a known "loose" connection with the mouse and keyboard ports (built in to motherboard), it zapped... meaning, upon booting, startup DOS prompt says improper shutdown... select mode of starting, but my keyboard doesn't have any power.

this has happened once before, took it for repair, guy charges $100 and told me he couldn't tell me how he fixed it because that's why he went to school and how he earns his money... then after paying, he says that all he had to do was reset the BIOS, which i think i've done... but still don't have any power to keyboard, and now startup DOS says I have reset and must go into CMOS to change settings -- keyboard doesn't work and have tried 3 others... HELP!

Comment

that techie was leing, you shorted your circuit connected to the ps/2 ports, all you have to do is saulder a new one to the board, then you reset the BIOS.
          you might have your husband do this or a friend who is a geek. you might even make a geek friend.

Comment

First of all, put any jumpers you messed with when attempting to clear the CMOS back to where they were. Then, remove the CMOS battery (a small, metallic circle that may look similar to a watch battery) for several seconds before replacing it. Then start the computer. If the keyboard is well-seated in the correct PS/2 port but still doesn't recieve power, then you have an issue. Although it's possible the PS/2 port is damaged, it's much more likely that the keyboard itself is damaged. If the computer has USB ports, you could get a new USB keyboard which would go around both possibilities.

That said, I don't know that you're even using a PS/2 keyboard. You haven't really provided any information about the computer.

Comment

if this is any help, i know that in my bios you need to enable usb keyboard. if your using a usb keyboard, then you need to get a ps/2 converter, so that you can use it in a ps/2 port, or plug in another ps/2 keyboard.

Comment

Working...
              X